TODO List

What features would you like to see in PSForever?
Chord
Site Admin

TODO List

Postby Chord » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 am

Just a short list of things that should be done at some point. Feel free to add your ideas down below. This post will be edited as I do things.

Need
  • Plans for developing login server and minimum working game server. See R & D section.
  • Capture submission interface that ties in with PHPBB sessions for tracking
  • Official releases for GameLauncher + GameCapture
  • Character export tool
Want
  • Spinning up a static blog for long devblog-like posts
  • Public code hosting for launcher, gamecap, DLLs, and server code
[ PSForever admin and developer ]
PSForever Code | Capturing Packets | Community Discord
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator

Re: TODO List

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:25 am

Any updates on this Chord?
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
Unknown004

Postby Unknown004 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:16 pm

You have an interesting project here - I read somewhere on the forums someone mentioned Tangent's project back in the day as well. I know Tangent had managed to create a log in bypass and an actual partial server as I was the guy who tested for him lol. He had the sanctuary area and the / commands working (tested ALL in-game commands since I had access to a list; no permissions check tho - could use gm commands). I forget was else was functioning tho. Unfortunately real life happened for him and I don't believe he continued with this project though I still have the .exe for it - that's what actually prompted me to look for something like this.

If there's anything that I can do, just let me know; I was trying to PM Chord directly tho apparently I cannot send PMs, heh. I do have a BR25/CR5 and played since 2004. Was involved with the PS community until shortly before PS2 was released and they "demoted" our accounts.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Mind making a topic and showing that list of commands? That would help us see what the engine is capable of as far as direct commands an may prove useful later.

So you also have tangent's server, and is he ANYWHERE on the internet where I might find him? Cause after all I did find secant, who is half the mind of the old private servers. It seems they worked together and having BOTH of them would be absolutely priceless. Not sure if radant was apart of the private server construction, but he may of use too. currently chord is working on a login server, having that work completed for us would be priceless.

And yes there is a pm system, you have to click on the persons name. Probably would help to send the custom exe his way.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
FateJH

Postby FateJH » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:47 am

Sulferix wrote:And yes there is a pm system, you have to click on the persons name. Probably would help to send the custom exe his way.

There is a PM system but you need to post a few times to the forums before you can use it.
VS: FateJH, BR 21 CR 0 TR: FJH, BR 18 CR 1 NC: FateJHNC, BR 14 CR 0
Unknown004

Postby Unknown004 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Sulferix wrote:Mind making a topic and showing that list of commands? That would help us see what the engine is capable of as far as direct commands an may prove useful later.

So you also have tangent's server, and is he ANYWHERE on the internet where I might find him? Cause after all I did find secant, who is half the mind of the old private servers. It seems they worked together and having BOTH of them would be absolutely priceless. Not sure if radant was apart of the private server construction, but he may of use too. currently chord is working on a login server, having that work completed for us would be priceless.

And yes there is a pm system, you have to click on the persons name. Probably would help to send the custom exe his way.

I'm just ensuring the commands still work but I will post a list today or tomorrow. I tested a few GM commands while in-game running the packet logger however it doesn't send/receive them so either they're not recognized yet with the packets or the EXE itself checks the commands against your account security level.

Radant sort of was as well though he did mostly video work. I will try to get a hold of Tangent tho his AIM seems to be old. I remember his first name and where he was from (it's unique); I'm trying to remember Tagent's first handle before using Tangent lol. I do have the exe program on my desktop here but not sure where to send it.
FateJH

Postby FateJH » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Unknown004 wrote:Radant sort of was as well though he did mostly video work. I will try to get a hold of Tangent tho his AIM seems to be old. I remember his first name and where he was from (it's unique); I'm trying to remember Tagent's first handle before using Tangent lol. I do have the exe program on my desktop here but not sure where to send it.

Send a personal message to Chord about the executable once you get up to 5 posts (which is when you can start PMing people).

Personally, the executable might be a mixed bag. It's the fruits of a half-complete project that I would have preferred to have the documentation and the source code for instead. If you can get in contact with Tangent, I hope he could either help us directly, or provide us with archived information on the work he did. While insightful, just the executable alone would be another thing to have to figure out from real time debugging; and, even then, we'd most likely have to recreate anything we do learn.
VS: FateJH, BR 21 CR 0 TR: FJH, BR 18 CR 1 NC: FateJHNC, BR 14 CR 0
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Getting a hold of the original emulation team is probably one of the most important things to do. We have secant, but we need the other 2 to really have all the coding firepower.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
VagueNote

Postby VagueNote » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Could someone put up a TODO list of the wiki too?
The one obsessed with skill, wisdom, and music.

Ineficiance, is the bane of my existance.

Better to die, for the nubs that don't try.

VS Famenofsense BR 21 CR 2
NC Bukitoflard BR 10 CR 1
TR FamineOfSense BR 10 CR 0
p0intman

Postby p0intman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:27 pm

VagueNote wrote:Could someone put up a TODO list of the wiki too?

yes. done. moved and stickied.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company

Return to “Ideas”