Lasher Discussion Thread

Discuss general PSForever topics here.
VagueNote

Lasher Opinion Thread

Postby VagueNote » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:56 am

In this thread I will ask that everyone post there individual opinion stating weather the Lasher should be nerfed or not, why and why not; then I will make another thread the actual "Lasher Discussion Thread" and every one can discus about each other's opinions there. If your opinion changes you just need edit your original post and get on with your life.

Happy Lasher ranting. :D
The one obsessed with skill, wisdom, and music.

Ineficiance, is the bane of my existance.

Better to die, for the nubs that don't try.

VS Famenofsense BR 21 CR 2
NC Bukitoflard BR 10 CR 1
TR FamineOfSense BR 10 CR 0
VagueNote

Re: Lasher Opinion Thread

Postby VagueNote » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:47 pm

I don't think the Lasher should be nerfed because (frome what I can tell from videos I watch) no actualy good player has any problem with the Lasher. Both the nubers provided by Rythorz and the gameplay provided from a few pro players is enough evidance that the Lasher is fine as it is. I will say it bluntly, if you follow the Lasher's ruels it works fine if you don't it won't work at all. If you aren't actualy following the Lasher's ruels don't bother complaining to me because I won't count it as credable and if you really need to know what you're doing wrong just send me a video of your gameplay and I think I can explain in detail what it is your are lacking.

Ryathorz

Re: Lasher Opinion Thread

Postby Ryathorz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

VagueNote wrote:In this thread I will ask that everyone post there individual opinion stating weather the Lasher should be nerfed or not
That's a rather loaded question isn't it?

Why would you nerf the least popular empire HA weapon?
VagueNote

Re: Lasher Discussion Thread

Postby VagueNote » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Ryathorz wrote:
VagueNote wrote:In this thread I will ask that everyone post there individual opinion stating weather the Lasher should be nerfed or not
That's a rather loaded question isn't it?

Why would you nerf the least popular empire HA weapon?

Generaly because it is unpopular; but my opinion is that the only reason that it is unpopular is becaues no one ever uses it right, and that no one has a right to complain if they aren't using it right in the first place.

p0intman

Postby p0intman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 pm

merged the two threads. we dont need more than one thread for something like this.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
VagueNote

Postby VagueNote » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:45 am

p0intman wrote:merged the two threads. we dont need more than one thread for something like this.

My Idea needs the other thread because it makes argumentation a lot clearer, it simply doesn't work this way, too unorganized and not as straightforward. The whole point of this anyway was so that people could quote each other from what they put as there opinion and argue about it, it is much harder to quote their original post if it's going to be buried in a pile of other posts such as in the balance discussion thread. Think of it as the "Ruleset And Ideas" thread except just for lasher, or we could make this for all HA weapons if you think this is too much to be focused on one weapon. I made this cause I wanted a more organized way of discussing balance than the "Balanced Discussion Thread" would allow. Though this argument doesn't have much validity if hardly any one will participate in the first place...

VagueNote

Postby VagueNote » Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 am

Ryathorz wrote:
Pollo Jack wrote:I guess just buff the lash damage at sub 10 m then. 1.25 Sounds reasonable for it. Thank you for the numbers.
IIRC the lash itself doesn't work within 5m of the firer.

The original lash range was 5m from the orb. According to the 3.15.29 patch notes this was reduced though I don't know what the new lash range is or if the lash frequency was adjusted.

Not retested, but it's listed cone of fire is 6.2 degrees when standing (from about the third shot onwards) - wide enough to completely encircle another player at under 10m.
lashercof.jpg

Has thair been an update since I last played 7 months ago or has there been some behind the seen's paches? I played just yester day and the Lashers cone of fire is way differant, It's cone of fire dosen't change even after firing a full clip, and the cone of fire is way smaller than it was befor. Now you can easally duel guys at 15 m. distance.

Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Mon May 02, 2016 12:05 pm

VagueNote wrote:I played just yester day and the Lashers cone of fire is way differant, It's cone of fire dosen't change even after firing a full clip, and the cone of fire is way smaller than it was befor.
Were you crouching?
Pollo Jack

Postby Pollo Jack » Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 pm

Honestly, if the numbers that were given are right then the lasher is fine.
VagueNote

Postby VagueNote » Mon May 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Ryathorz wrote:
VagueNote wrote:I played just yester day and the Lashers cone of fire is way differant, It's cone of fire dosen't change even after firing a full clip, and the cone of fire is way smaller than it was befor.
Were you crouching?

Nope, check for your self if you don't believe me.
Last edited by VagueNote on Mon May 02, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussion”