PlanetSide Offline Tutorial Overview

Discuss general PSForever topics here.
Sulferix

Re: PlanetSide Offline Tutorial Overview

Postby Sulferix » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Figment wrote:Ugh, the old off-line tutorial. >___<' As I recall it was so bugged and poorly designed, the AMS could disappear, or half the features would stop working. Whoever was in control of that... It could have been very important to teach new players the basics of those concepts. But really, there should be map reading tutorials that actually explain likely paths of troop movements, so they can learn to work around it, or find the big fights.

Still, offline anything is very nice for this. We literally hit a gold mine. This can be hacked and modded as soon as it's figured out, because there's no server to stop you. That also mean that the game is entirely playable offline, which is rare for an mmo. Just think what you would do if you got an offline swtor or WOW. I don't play those games, but you see where I'm going with this. If essentially could mean that custom content is not as far off as we think. A custom client may not be necessary if we can just modify offline mode to be online.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Naeadil
Global Moderator

Postby Naeadil » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Sulferix wrote:
Figment wrote:Ugh, the old off-line tutorial. >___<' As I recall it was so bugged and poorly designed, the AMS could disappear, or half the features would stop working. Whoever was in control of that... It could have been very important to teach new players the basics of those concepts. But really, there should be map reading tutorials that actually explain likely paths of troop movements, so they can learn to work around it, or find the big fights.

Still, offline anything is very nice for this. We literally hit a gold mine. This can be hacked and modded as soon as it's figured out, because there's no server to stop you. That also mean that the game is entirely playable offline, which is rare for an mmo. Just think what you would do if you got an offline swtor or WOW. I don't play those games, but you see where I'm going with this. If essentially could mean that custom content is not as far off as we think. A custom client may not be necessary if we can just modify offline mode to be online.

It would also make it possible to have old versions of the Lasher and other equipment/vehicles too, correct? That way we wouldn't have to use videos and guess work to produce it, we simply use them in the game and record data to re-produce them for the emulator?
- Nick
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Naeadil wrote:
Sulferix wrote:

It would also make it possible to have old versions of the Lasher and other equipment/vehicles too, correct? That way we wouldn't have to use videos and guess work to produce it, we simply use them in the game and record data to re-produce them for the emulator?

:)
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Captain1nsaneo-J

Postby Captain1nsaneo-J » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:58 pm

In later versions the offline mode became less accessible and more broken. I went through it twice while it was available and the second time it couldn't be completed because it wanted you to deploy an AMS from the outside when you could only deploy it from inside the AMS.

I would imagine that you would be able to go to VR in the offline training mode if you can control your own movement/interactions in offline training. I remember taking the harasser to Forseral through gates in part of it. Might try to get data for the ancient tech weapons this way.

Anyway, here's my test client (I don't know which version of the game this is):
https://mega.nz/#!vY8xyDgQ!TlIrihID0GQ9 ... eWaBrS6Z68

And here's the CC beta test client:
https://mega.nz/#!7MEX0CIS!8Il2MMg44k5r ... z6k0IoERa0
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Captain1nsaneo-J wrote:In later versions the offline mode became less accessible and more broken. I went through it twice while it was available and the second time it couldn't be completed because it wanted you to deploy an AMS from the outside when you could only deploy it from inside the AMS.

I would imagine that you would be able to go to VR in the offline training mode if you can control your own movement/interactions in offline training. I remember taking the harasser to Forseral through gates in part of it. Might try to get data for the ancient tech weapons this way.

Anyway, here's my test client (I don't know which version of the game this is):
https://mega.nz/#!vY8xyDgQ!TlIrihID0GQ9 ... eWaBrS6Z68

And here's the CC beta test client:
https://mega.nz/#!7MEX0CIS!8Il2MMg44k5r ... z6k0IoERa0

It was probably built for the first version of the game and was not updated very often. When I installed CC it did fix a few things however. Thanks for uploading these, downloading both right now.
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
FateJH

Postby FateJH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Captain1nsaneo-J wrote:I would imagine that you would be able to go to VR in the offline training mode if you can control your own movement/interactions in offline training. I remember taking the harasser to Forseral through gates in part of it. Might try to get data for the ancient tech weapons this way.

In Naeadil's beta, when you try to go to VR, you get the selection menu properly; but, nomatter what option you select, the game dumps you into that same entrance hallway looking back at the door outside (so it effectively turns you around). As mentioned, it really tried to control where you can go. If your version is more flexible, then all the better.
VS: FateJH, BR 21 CR 0 TR: FJH, BR 18 CR 1 NC: FateJHNC, BR 14 CR 0
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Offline training does not work in the the first download that Captain1nsaneo uploaded. It does in the second though.
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
KingFeraligatr

Postby KingFeraligatr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Check those links again. They don't work for me.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
Captain1nsaneo-J

Postby Captain1nsaneo-J » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 pm

KingFeraligatr wrote:Check those links again. They don't work for me.

Which one doesn't work? Both worked for me.
KingFeraligatr

Postby KingFeraligatr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Captain1nsaneo-J wrote:
KingFeraligatr wrote:Check those links again. They don't work for me.

Which one doesn't work? Both worked for me.

Neither link works for me. They're both "not found".
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.

Return to “Discussion”