Off Topic - Looking at Changing my Certs

Off-topic discussion! Keep it clean.
Sulferix

Re: Off Topic - Looking at Changing my Certs

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Ya I actually log in as multiple accounts on one computer all the time for testing.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 am

Sulferix wrote:Exactly. From what I can tell, the lasher has less dps than the chaingun. But I wouldn't know because it's so hard to hit the shots. Again that cof is everything.
Ignoring accuracy fo a moment, the Lasher does 116 damage per second at short range (~10 meters or so). By the time you get to 50m it has fallen to 76/sec.
MCG does 156 (out to around 75m), Jackhammer does a maximum of 208 at all ranges, reduced by pellet misses.

However these numbers don't really mean anything in of themselves because of the way damage reduction works, the lasher splits armour more efficiently between health and armour. Actually if it wasn't for the absurdly steep damage falloff the lasher would kill a 100 health/no medpack rexo in 5 hits rather than 6+.

The lasher CoF is notable for expanding out rapidly after the very first shot but Degrado is also right about the crouching CoF for the lasher being much tighter.

-For reference the lasher refire delay is 0.25 (4 shots/sec) and while it starts at 30 damage per bolt it is usually calculated at 29 and down, though the new weapon does have a chance of getting the full 30.
-The MCG refire is 0.115 (8.7 bullets/sec)
-The lash originally hit one target within 5 meters of the orb for every meter travelled, however to the best of my knowledge this range was greatly shortened in the last patch. I don't know if the frequency or minimum trigger range of the lash was also shortened.
-There was a bug/quirk with the original lasher where at certain ranges an orb could both hit AND lash an opponent increasing its damage. This may still happen (albeit less frequently) however the reduced lash damage means that it won't actually change the number of hits you need as it'll be a couple of points of extra armour damage only.
-AFAIK lash damage was not its own number it was a set fraction of the damage the orb would have inflicted on a hit at that point in its path.

NewHA-DD.png
NewHA-DD.png (13.11 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Just looking at the graph the old looks a lot more balanced than the new.
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Sulferix wrote:Just looking at the graph the old looks a lot more balanced than the new.
It was a serviceable defensive weapon in groups (lasher defense basically involved several players filling a corridor with bolts so that anyone walking in would get killed).

However it had a few problems - the orb speed was half what is is now which combined with the CoF made aiming against a moving target a waste of time. In individual combat your opponent could sidestep around most of the bolts so you kind of had to spread them around. Firing into empty space was also required at times because if you waited until you actually had a target they would have a couple of seconds of firing at you before the first of the lasher bolts reached them.

The new lasher does at least encourage more effort aiming. It also has a much larger clip (you were forever reloading the old one) and an AV mode which the original lasher lacked.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Definitely think the damage needs an increase rn. Again, decreasing the skill cap will attract more players, and I think the lasher is the hardest weapon to use. Chaingun operates like most fps weapons, and jackhammer is a shotgun. Both just take a little time to get used to. Currently I almost always pick up jack or a chaingun after a fight.
WonderWeasel

Postby WonderWeasel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Well, I'm a little late on this thread but I'd like to add something to the "original" topic. If you're having a hard time shoppin around for certs ya wanna use and think ya have too few, you could forget medical and get 3 more certs that way. You can always heal using medkits, which are free, or ask others to heal ya if ya can't get to a term and wanna save kits. In most cases, medkits are good enough since ya can use em in a fight where ya can't just whip out a med app; not good for long drawn out fights, I know, but ya can always pillage them from the dead. I don't have the medical cert on my TR or NC characters and I mostly do just swell.

On another note, I love how this thread starts talkin about what certs to use and by the time I see it, 2/3s of the thread is a discussion on the lasher. Following that: I'm all for buffing the Lasher, even if it ends up becoming the most op weapon. (VS FTW)

Return to “Discussion”