Off Topic - Looking at Changing my Certs

Off-topic discussion! Keep it clean.
Sulferix

Re: Off Topic - Looking at Changing my Certs

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 pm

The problem is that the chaingun is good at all ranges. Even close range. The damn lashers slow ass projectiles don't forgive you for even missing one shot. Plus the fact that the chaingun out dpses the lasher. Vs main here, and I can count on one hand how many 1v1 fights I've won with the lasher against a chaingun. This mainly due to the stupid lasher nerf in the last balance pass, which seemed to a lot of va weapons. The best weapon we have is the pulsar.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Degrado

Postby Degrado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Sulferix wrote:The problem is that the chaingun is good at all ranges. Even close range. The damn lashers slow ass projectiles don't forgive you for even missing one shot. Plus the fact that the chaingun out dpses the lasher. Vs main here, and I can count on one hand how many 1v1 fights I've won with the lasher against a chaingun. This mainly due to the stupid lasher nerf in the last balance pass, which seemed to a lot of va weapons. The best weapon we have is the pulsar.

Lasher velocity is a lot faster than what it used to be. You think it's hard hitting with the lasher now? Way harder to hit people back then. Players aren't easy to hit if they're warping (gotta love it right?). The Lasher actually has a faster TTK than the MCG if you can actually land the orbs (skill issue, not a weapon issue). What is an actual issue is the orbs actually registering the damage on your target.
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Degrado wrote:The Lasher actually has a faster TTK than the MCG if you can actually land the orbs (skill issue, not a weapon issue)
I don't recall the lasher ever being all that well known for its accuracy on the move :p
Lasher is marginally faster against rexo at point blank, MCG about the same the other way against agile. First shot (or most health) wins it at that distance.

The real impact of the change they made in the 3.0 patch was dropping the lash damage by so much that it is basically armour damage, not affecting the shots to kill. The old lash would reduce the number of hits required which is why the lasher 2.0 seemed so much more powerful than the current one even though the orb damage was the same.

In terms of the MCG being good... on the test server during the lasher 2.0 testing the MCG would beat it more often than not. Didn't translate well onto the live server where encounters were not one-on-one and the lash damage piled up.
It was also telling the the black ops with their choice of any weapon in the game were almost always running with MCGs.

lashercof.jpg
lashercof.jpg (12.67 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Degrado

Postby Degrado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Ryathorz wrote:
Degrado wrote:The Lasher actually has a faster TTK than the MCG if you can actually land the orbs (skill issue, not a weapon issue)
I don't recall the lasher ever being all that well known for its accuracy on the move :p
Lasher is marginally faster against rexo at point blank, MCG about the same the other way against agile. First shot (or most health) wins it at that distance.

The real impact of the change they made in the 3.0 patch was dropping the lash damage by so much that it is basically armour damage, not affecting the shots to kill. The old lash would reduce the number of hits required which is why the lasher 2.0 seemed so much more powerful than the current one even though the orb damage was the same.

In terms of the MCG being good... on the test server during the lasher 2.0 testing the MCG would beat it more often than not. Didn't translate well onto the live server where encounters were not one-on-one and the lash damage piled up.
It was also telling the the black ops with their choice of any weapon in the game were almost always running with MCGs.

lashercof.jpg

Usually that last shot that you need on the lasher expands the COF (WAY TOO MUCH!) that you usually won't land it, and that's what hard about using the damn thing :P.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Exactly. From what I can tell, the lasher has less dps than the chaingun. But I wouldn't know because it's so hard to hit the shots. Again that cof is everything. It definitely will get a balance pass, and have that cof reduced. I also think it should do a little more damage per round, to forgive at least one miss.

And then there's the fact that There aren't enough people to properly gain skill with the weapons. All I see is the chaingun shredding everything and helplessly having to bend over and continue to take it up the ass. lasher is definitely not in the right place as far as cof is concerned. It needs a reduce, and perhaps a slight increase in projectile speed, since this isn't the age of halo combat evolved anymore.
Degrado

Postby Degrado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Sulferix wrote:Exactly. From what I can tell, the lasher has less dps than the chaingun. But I wouldn't know because it's so hard to hit the shots. Again that cof is everything. It definitely will get a balance pass, and have that cof reduced. I also think it should do a little more damage per round, to forgive at least one miss.

And then there's the fact that There aren't enough people to properly gain skill with the weapons. All I see is the chaingun shredding everything and helplessly having to bend over and continue to take it up the ass. lasher is definitely not in the right place as far as cof is concerned. It needs a reduce, and perhaps a slight increase in projectile speed, since this isn't the age of halo combat evolved anymore.

Not sure if you see this when you're against lasher users, but to mitigate the COF, usually you'll see a player incorporate AT LEAST 1 crouch in their strafe (I do it all the time) and it works fine. Try to at least crouch (like tapping your crouch and hold for 1/2 a second) it helps A LOT.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Lol I actually have a bad fps habit of crouching when shooting. Picked it up from ps2. Great for that game, but in this one it just means yur a sitting duck.
Degrado

Postby Degrado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:36 pm

Sulferix wrote:Lol I actually have a bad fps habit of crouching when shooting. Picked it up from ps2. Great for that game, but in this one it just means yur a sitting duck.

Crouching in PSide 1 is also good. Sometimes it will throw off the person and if your strafe is REALLY GOOD (like monster) and you're able to crouch and warp without stopping and stuttering, it is just killer and your hard to kill.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Ya I need to warp more, since everyone does it. Not used to it though, since it is a very old issue that isn't in modern fps games anymore.
Degrado

Postby Degrado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Sulferix wrote:Ya I need to warp more, since everyone does it. Not used to it though, since it is a very old issue that isn't in modern fps games anymore.

A good way to practice is to have some way of viewing yourself. If you have two computers, simply log on to two accounts, one and one, and just spam A and D. Another way to do it is (sometimes I do this just for funsies, don't really need the practice.), is to log on to two accounts on the same computer. Have both clients running in windowed mode with one at the highest resolution, and the other at the lowest resolution. Just spam A and D, while looking at the edge of your computer screen (though you need to find a good angle so you can get a good view of your character).

Return to “Discussion”