VirusGiver

Introduce your self to the PSForever community! Tell us your story.
GeEkOfWiReS1097

VirusGiver

Postby GeEkOfWiReS1097 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:26 pm

So I haven't done this, and I figured with PS1's official close coming soon, I need to at least get this up. I've been around in-game, and in-Discord. It's about time I get this posted.

I'm VirusGiver, or GeekOfWires/GeEkOfWiReS/GeEkOfWiReS1097.

I first played Planetside a few years ago for a short span of time when the server started to die off. Before that, I played on a family members account on and off on a character with a really terrible set of certs. I'm currently a member of the outfit Dark Skyes as a Tactical Officer. I am a Terran Republic loyalist, which means that the odds of me ever playing a serious character on another empire are extremely slim.

As far as I can remember, anything I truly did with Planetside was in-game. I don't think I have any membership to other Planetside forums.

As far as my technical skills go, I have experience in the realm of .net C#, Java, Python, and little experience in C++. I would probably have no problem branching out to Scala if I take the time to get to know the language. Oh, and I have very little experience in reverse engineering.

I'm a big fan of two games of the early 2000s. I guess because I grew up playing on those games on the family computer. Now that I have a newer system that can handle the newer games, I have branched out to newer titles without losing the love for older games such as Tribes 2 or Planetside 1. My next step is to hopefully get a thread up in off-topic for Tribes 2.

Hope to help out on the project in any way I can. I have most of the summer (with the exception of the next three days) free and wish to spend the next week and a half on Planetside whenever possible.
p0intman

Re: VirusGiver

Postby p0intman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:26 pm

hey welcome, check out the psforever-code channel in discord, we can always used more brains.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
Chord
Site Admin

Re: VirusGiver

Postby Chord » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Hey there and welcome to PSForever!

Glad to have you hanging around the project. Once the game goes down, there will be a lot more focus on getting more code up and running. Things are going to start changing to help people test and get in to the project.

I, for one, need to start writing guides on how to get a development environment set-up and a few other stumbling blocks for new developers.
The other issue is that this project is ONLY possible because of reverse engineering. Packet captures only tell part of the story. So at the moment, the only person who can RE is me, which is the main problem for this project.

Hope you stick around and jump in where you can. Let me know if you have any questions.
[ PSForever admin and developer ]
PSForever Code | Capturing Packets | Community Discord

Return to “Introductions”