Howdy!

Introduce your self to the PSForever community! Tell us your story.
Blahman

Howdy!

Postby Blahman » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:20 am

I just read about the coming shutdown on Reddit and saw NickHotS's post about PSForever so here I am. I don't know if anyone here remembers me but probably the only things anyone would are my How to Solo a BFR video and being one of the outfit leaders for Prox12 on TR Markov.

In the PS1 beta I was with an outfit called Gamer's Elite, and then joined Prox12 upon release. They were a really great outfit, not super tryhards but just a bunch of nice folks playing for fun.

I never really got into PS2. Mainly because it ran like crap, but also it seems to have missed the mark on so many of the things that made PS1 great and just went overboard with the grinding/microtransactions.

I've been working as a programmer for about 8 years, mainly web development and scripting/tools/automation. I've used C, C#, Java, Python, JavaScript/Node.js, SQL and various other languages. I like to learn about game programming, and have always had aspirations to someday make my own games, but no real experience there. I have some networking knowledge and have used things like Wireshark and pcap but not extensively. I don't have a lot of free time but would be willing to help out however I can.

Of course everyone here is probably nostalgic about Planetside, as am I. But I also think that it was a technological monument that should be preserved. Too many games get shut down and never heard from again (see every EA game over 5 years old). It would be a damn shame for that to happen to PS.

Best of luck to this project, and thanks for all you've done already!
SArais

Re: Howdy!

Postby SArais » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 am

Hey, C&C is still around...

Welcome to the forums.
Naeadil
Global Moderator

Re: Howdy!

Postby Naeadil » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:44 am

I remember Gamer's Elite in the beta. Welcome to the forums!
- Nick

Return to “Introductions”