Project Update #10 - News and Development Update

The latest sitrep on PSForever.
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator

Re: Project Update #10 - News and Development Update

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 pm

SArais wrote:I think the best method would be using footage from both Planetside 1 and 2, and use Planetside 1 for "flashbacks" and whatever "old auraxis" scenes there is. Also using PS2 gives us more character visual customization, and would be easier to signify each character that way. Furthermore, it would also draw in the PS2 audience. Using old footage of PS1 would be exceptionally helpful for some scenes, as recording the caves is now impossible, but narrating and dubbing them is not.

The idea is to be an advertisement for our PS1 efforts- as well as filling in on the history of the game and it's story, even up to and parcluding it's current state due to the hackers (which are also precluded in the script). as well as the veteran's views on the current state of affairs, and/or their insight on some of the new things, as well as reminiscing about the old things. The veterans likely haven't even seen the construction system before.

As for the script, i'm not certain where to start. Prehaps a fight-scene following some of the Newgen Harassers? Which facility will this fight end up at wherein the fighters first run into our Veterans from each faction?

In less-fortunate news, the EPVP goons are trying to make an Anti-ABS. Absolutely disgusting. The game is dead because of these hacks, Fuck are they doing, and why would they bother? I want new people to continue to experience this one of a kind game, and I want it to be preserved for the rest of the foreseeable future of humanity.

The fact that we've cracked the base Planetside game open means we might be able to spruce up our characters to reflect their more customized PS2 equivalents.

To give us some ideas for characters, post up your PS2 and/or PS1 characters.

We could also attempt a DOOM Mod for G/ZDoom and/or Zandronum? A planetside de-make if you will.

I like all these ideas, I would be happy to make some sort of a texture pack if it were required. At this time I am unsure if it is possible to change the resolution of the textures, but this is something I can look into.

EDIT: The sort of stuff I have on the caves: https://youtu.be/73skBzgTqYY
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
docdic

Postby docdic » Fri May 13, 2016 9:26 pm

SArais wrote:We could also attempt a DOOM Mod for G/ZDoom and/or Zandronum? A planetside de-make if you will.

Brutal planetside confirmed.
SArais

Postby SArais » Sat May 14, 2016 2:51 am

In this corner: vanu giblets. thousands of them
KingFeraligatr

Postby KingFeraligatr » Sat May 14, 2016 2:59 am

SArais wrote:In this corner: vanu giblets. thousands of them

The NC shall run into walls, being stupid, and unable to harm you whatsoever. And they will sound like inbreds.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.

Return to “Project Updates”