Project Update #9 - Login Server Progress

The latest sitrep on PSForever.
Sulferix

Re: Project Update #9 - Login Server Progress

Postby Sulferix » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Chord wrote:I can probably get there within 4 months. It won't be pretty though.
The reason it's such slow progress is because I'm the only one developing and there is a lot of things that just need to be done, but aren't visible as progress.

It better not be 4 months!!
I'll be free in one month, and at that point you'll have at least 2. Plus remember that I learn quickly and have at least double the time that you have at that point. I hope deathkill has that time too, and with secant and others, it definitely won't be 4 months. Lol don't give out numbers and dates based on yurself, cause there's gonna be more people soon. I think the goal should be to get as many of us reverse engineering and helping you out directly by this summer as possible.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Sulferix wrote:
Chord wrote:I can probably get there within 4 months. It won't be pretty though.
The reason it's such slow progress is because I'm the only one developing and there is a lot of things that just need to be done, but aren't visible as progress.

It better not be 4 months!!
I'll be free in one month, and at that point you'll have at least 2. Plus remember that I learn quickly and have at least double the time that you have at that point. I hope deathkill has that time too, and with secant and others, it definitely won't be 4 months. Lol don't give out numbers and dates based on yurself, cause there's gonna be more people soon. I think the goal should be to get as many of us reverse engineering and helping you out directly by this summer as possible.
That was an over estimate, but better to be early than late!
Will be really nice to get more help on the project, especially on the reverse engineering. It's really tedious and won't give you a working game server
[ PSForever admin and developer ]
PSForever Code | Capturing Packets | Community Discord
docdic

Postby docdic » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Chord wrote:
Sulferix wrote:Will be really nice to get more help on the project, especially on the reverse engineering. It's really tedious and won't give you a working game server

Was Secant helping with this?

Oh right he is gonna start next month or so
shutdownabort

Postby shutdownabort » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 am

You need to capture the database ddl in order for login and character name characteristics. Login is a separate server, account based then ties into the DDL for the charatcers and character characteristics, time,name, faction, rank, points, etc..

If you can cross that functionality and then capute server packets, you should be fine.
darkplaces

Postby darkplaces » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 am

If you need donations please let us know. I would be willing to donate to get the game I love going again!!!
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:07 am

shutdownabort wrote:You need to capture the database ddl in order for login and character name characteristics. Login is a separate server, account based then ties into the DDL for the charatcers and character characteristics, time,name, faction, rank, points, etc..

If you can cross that functionality and then capute server packets, you should be fine.

We're going to have to make our own SQL or document schema. Eventually we'll make all of the fields we need. Packet captures have most of the fields from what I can see!
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:12 am

darkplaces wrote:If you need donations please let us know. I would be willing to donate to get the game I love going again!!!

Thanks for your offer! At the moment my costs are $35 a year for hosting. My other cost is time (roughly 20 hours a week). I don't feel like it's the right time for donations, but we'll see for the future.
mystiksven

Postby mystiksven » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:08 am

Hello,

I registered yesterday and first i want to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on this project.

I run a self managed fast server with several sites like tguelite.itechfactory.com and if you need a helping hand in php / html modification or server management and / or installation let me know.

Have a great weekend :D

sven
mystiksven

Postby mystiksven » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:23 pm

I got your pm Chord but i can neither reply nor send you a new one "We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature" . Please update my permissions :D

sven
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:18 pm

mystiksven wrote:I got your pm Chord but i can neither reply nor send you a new one "We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature" . Please update my permissions :D

sven

Sorry about that. It's an anti-spam feature. You can reply now.

Return to “Project Updates”